View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silverleif Bloom

re: Healing after Patch 4.0.1

Hey guys, just wanted to post a topic for healers, to discuss views on your healing experience after the recent patch. What do you think?

The most obvious change for resto druids was the loss of permanent form for Tree of Life, but waved in the new cast form and benefits. Tree of Life still buffs 15% to heals, 120% armour but includes a further range of enchancements to resto casting, including instant nourish casts (with 1 sec CD I think, not sure if its my haste doing the work there tho hehe). So after much grumbling and hurrrummphing, I actually decided to give this form a whack on Wednesday night through some heroics. First up, HoR ..

It was surprisingly easy, a little too easy. It makes me wonder of what's in store for us come Cataclysm. It makes me scared .... confused

Last night we took on ICC10 and I was impressed, not just with how the healing went but also the whole team. Was rather chuffed that we pushed on and got through 7/12, cheers to Warmonkey for rallying the group! My chosen rotation last night was playful chaos, as the duration for rejuvenation and regrowth have dropped quiet noticeably thanks to my talent spec (didn't take Naturalist OOPS). After HOT application and upkeep, I'm a natural nourish spammer. Well, I was. Now that I have a ghastly cast time, I've moved to relying on the (now naturally) rapid rejuv, cast regrowth a little too much (will change) and am using swiftmend as soon as CD completes. Last night, my swiftmend was always lent to Warmonkey and Ray (OT) because of the lovely new proc called Efflorescence. It's an AoE that also heals friendlies within 8 yards of the Swiftmend target, at 20% of the amount healed to the original target (7 sec duration). This .. is .. beautiful.

So there we have it, an extra boost to tank heals for druids. I'm using SM at every possible opportunity and I've changed my preference of rotation on raid heals for now. I still use Wild Growth and love that we have more glyphs to play with, so an extra heals goes in there with being able to choose Glyph of Wild Growth. I honestly found ICC10 easier to heal than my pre-patch form, even though I miss being the tree.

My rotations are:
Tanks - Depending on other healers and boss, but if you need it you have all I got baby! LB, Regrowth and Rejuv with Swiftmend (+Efflorescence) = ubers.
Raid - Rejuv and WG spamming, Regrowth for buddies who may be toying with the threat metre a little too much wink
Me - Nature's Ward looks out for me when dropping under 50%, but I cast rejuv as regularly as I can for mitigation. If I need to, I sneak a Regrowth in but find that other healers are always looking after me, as I do them. <3

Hope you are all enjoying your new builds!

Silva

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trouble and Strife Forum Index -> Healing All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: